The internet has revolutionized how people do business in the modern world. Indeed, businesses have been able to grow globally because of information technology and the World Wide Web. But, there are downsides to using the internet, including the higher chances of security breaches and data theft. Luckily, custom website development can help tighten data security.
Successful businesses are taking proactive steps to handle cybersecurity threats. They frequently scan and update their web applications and portals to reduce the exposure of their vulnerabilities to hackers and other cybercriminals. Their web security plan includes tools for handling situations such as DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) Attack and an effective recovery strategy.
Causes of Security Vulnerabilities
Generally, different aspects of the designed system can result in security breaches. Here are the common reasons security vulnerabilities arise:
- Using open-source components. These include libraries and plugins meant to eliminate the need to build each component from scratch. But, using these components can pose a serious threat to the security of web applications employing them. Also, hackers use them to exploit the system and manipulate the data or change an application’s functionality.
- Not using the right web development technology. Programming languages and custom web development frameworks don’t offer the same type of security infrastructure. That is why businesses must evaluate the security they want for their web-based systems and data and pick an appropriate technology.
- Expediting the web development process. Web development should be performed within a dedicated timeframe. Having a good amount of time ensures high-quality web development and the performance of multiple testing to find and resolve bugs.
How Custom Web Development Can Maximize Security Protection
These days, the majority of businesses have a digital aspect that includes a website or an application to connect and offer a better customer experience. Because of this, there is data they must protect. Thus, they must invest in data security. One of the best ways to maximize data security online is through custom web development. Here’s how it works:
- Dealing with the issue of code injection. Custom web development avoids writing a code that is vulnerable to security issues. Also, it involves implementing multiple input filters that restrict the attackers from exploiting a code flaw.
- Encrypting website traffic and transactions. A dependable web developer like Boston Unisoft can encrypt website traffic and tractions with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to restrict data breach and the misuse of any dropped data. SSL is a security protocol used while communicating data over the web to secure sensitive information such as payment information, account login details, and customer information.
- Detecting and avoiding malware infection. Custom web development involves putting an email scanning and filtering system into place to identify spam emails. Custom site development solutions provide a streamlined selection of interfaces that can help detect and avoid email spam, restricting the malware from entering into websites and correcting their functionality.
- Preventing cross-site request forgery (CSRF). A custom-built website is made in a way that includes requesting a user-specific, site-generated secret, which is supplied by the server. Usually, web frameworks include these CSRF prevention mechanisms.